The Savannah Film Alliance held its regularly scheduled meeting this week at Savannah Technical College. Business and entertainment attorney Charles “Bo” Bowen started the Alliance and serves as its ex-officio attorney. It was formed as an informal way for coastal Georgia film and television folks to meet each other, communicate and coordinate.
Around 65 industry professionals attended the Wednesday affair.
The agenda for the meeting included:
• Update on the Georgia Film Academy – John Grace of Savannah Technical College, Dr. Kathy Love was also present.
• Update on Red Willow Talent – Sheila Lynn Cochran
• Update on Savannah State University’s Indie Film Fest – Kareem McMichael (via video)
• Recap of (S)3 Contest and Other Projects – Karen Elliott
• Film Industry Minority Participation – Alicia Scott
• Launch of Georgia Film News – Randy Davidson
• Savannah Area Film Office and Soundstage Updates – Beth Nelson with Bo Bowen
Those with a stake in the entertainment industry are invited to gather together quarterly to discuss their goals and how to improve the filmmaking experience in the Savannah area. To join the email list or receive more information, email Bo at email@example.com