The SIEGE® Investment Conference is the oldest investment conference in the Southeast that focuses on video games and related industries. It gives entrepreneurs in these industries an opportunity to pitch their business concepts to potential investors. Because videogames are a mix of creative content and technology, there are many types of businesses that benefit, and/or benefit from, video game development. Past presenters have included:
- Video and tabletop game studios, providers, publishers and facilitators;
- interactive music producers;
- esports businesses;
- livestreaming platforms;
- social networks;
- electronic media;
- search engines developers;
- middleware developers;
- interactive products supporting live entertainment;
- interactive promotional products;
- including feature films, books, comic books, eLearning products, virtual reality arcades and more.
Panelists include VCs, angel investors, successful entrepreneurs, digital media experts and more.
Important facts about the 2020 SIEGE® INVESTMENT CONFERENCE are:
- The conference runs on Zoom from 8:30 am – noon Friday November 13
- Zoom attendance will be by invitation only, but the conference will be livestreamed at youtube.com/GeorgiaGameDevs.
- There will be 10 to 15 on-screen Panelists, consisting primarily of angel investors, VC representatives and industry experts to provide feedback, suggestions and more.
- There will also be 20 to 30 Judges who will not be viewable onscreen, but will (a) vote on the Overall Winner and the Startup Winner and, after the Presentations, (b) will meet in small groups in separate Zoom Breakrooms for relaxed feedback sessions with the presenting teams.
- If none of the Presenting Teams receives a majority of the vote of the judges in any category, the Panelists will decide the Winner for that category.
- Each startup makes a five-minute presentation, followed by five minutes of Q&A. Judges and panelists can continue to ask questions in chat during the five-minute transition between presenters.
- Teams wanting to present should submit applications by Sept. 30.Applications can be found HERE. Word version HERE. Earlier applications are more likely to be selected.
- The opportunity to act as Judges and Panelists are by invitation only. You may apply to be a judge by emailing email@example.com
- The Best Startup receives $1,000.
To qualify as a Startup the following must apply:
Presenter must not have received investments of more than $15,000 including investments by founders, and their friends and family, and outside investors. Additionally, revenue from the prior calendar year and revenue to the date of submission in the current fiscal year, must not have exceeded $15,000 for each period.
- There is no charge for being a Presenter, Panelist, Judge or Guest at the Conference. Our sponsors fund the conference.
- SIEGE® stands for the Southern Interactive Entertainment and Game Expo and is produced by the Georgia Game Developers Association (the “GGDA”).
For the fastest responses, please email any questions to all three of these emails:
Rob Hassett firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn Hassett email@example.com
Or call Rob Hassett at 678-506-8828
It may not seem that way to the Entrepreneur who struggles making her first few presentations, but those individuals who have the courage to make presentations are very likely to be successful in the long run.
A picture is worth a thousand words except when it’s not. It all depends on the picture and the words.